What are the key factors to consider when choosing a bachelor's degree to study in the United States?
December 01 , 2023

Study abroad in the United States, summer vacation is coming to an end in just over a month. Before embarking on a study abroad career in the United States, understanding these life and learning tips can help you quickly integrate into the local culture.

Many international students use their passport or driver's license as their ID card, which is not only troublesome, but can also lead to serious consequences if their documents are lost. In order to solve this problem, first of all, you need a social security number (SSN). The SSN is very, very important: this number is equivalent to China's ID number. When applying for a state ID card, applying for a job, and filing taxes, a social security number is mandatory. The SSN US Social Security Number needs to be processed on-site by the SSA US Social Security Department, so it is necessary to check the nearby SSA office and working hours on the SSA official website in advance. Follow the prompts to make an appointment and prepare relevant materials for on-site processing.

For students studying in the United States, American schools will require them to purchase medical insurance. This insurance can cover the medical expenses incurred during your study abroad in the United States. Why is it mandatory? Due to the high cost of healthcare in the United States, for foreign students with no or very little income, without medical insurance, a serious illness or accident can cause serious financial difficulties and even interrupt their studies. Even minor illness expenses can put considerable pressure on international students with tight budgets. For international students with special needs, it is best to purchase additional additional insurance outside of school.

In addition to learning knowledge, improving social skills is also a very important goal. In order to provide students with a good social platform, American schools occasionally hold various parties. Don't waste these opportunities, bravely step out of your comfort zone, exercise your speaking skills, and make new friends.

If you want to work in the United States, be sure to apply for an internship in advance upon graduation! I did not apply for an internship and only have a 30 day legal residency buffer period after graduation! Apply for an internship in advance and apply to the immigration office for approval of the graduation internship based on your internship situation, in order to obtain a one-year internship period. During this period, you can work and have your employer apply for a work visa on your behalf, which is commonly known as H-1B.